It has been gathered that no fewer than six persons were confirmed dead in a Tuesday morning accident involving three vehicles on the Sagamu-Benin expressway. Mr. Ahmed Umar, the Sector Commander, Federal Road Safety Corps (FRSC) in Ogun Abeokuta.

Umar mentioned to the press that the accident involved a Mazda bus marked JJJ 862 XV, a Toyota Sienna with registration number KRD 306 BJ, and a Mercedes Benz luxury bus marked AGL 05 XZ. He also stated that the accident occurred at 12:01 am and was caused by overspeeding and reckless driving,  39 people were involved in the accident, comprising 25 males and 14 females, out of which five men and one woman died.

READ MORE NEWS  State Of The Nation: This Isn't The Nigeria Buhari & I Planned- Bakare

“The luxurious bus hit the incoming Sienna car and the Mazda bus.

“The driver immediately ran away because all the occupants of the Sienna vehicle lost their lives while those in the Mazda bus sustained injuries,” he explained.

The sector commander said that the deceased had been taken to the morgue of General Hospital Ijebu Ode while the four persons injured are said to be receiving treatment in the hospital. He mentioned that the crash was avoidable and advised motorists to guard against excessive speeding and dangerous driving, and always obey traffic rules and regulations.

READ MORE NEWS  FRSC Threatens To Arrest Users Of Uncompleted Onitsha-Enugu Expressway

 

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *