The Academic Staff Union of Universities has been on strike since March 2020 and there are no signs that schools would resume soon. Since government-owned schools are still closed, Nigerian students decided to have fun tweeting about the strike. Here are 10 tweets that turned ASUU strike into a laughing matter.
1. Lol. ASUU can spoil your dream. Don’t even think about getting married at age 25 with ASUU strike.
“I will graduate at age 21. Serve at 22. Do my masters at 23. Get a job at 25. Get married at 28. I am strong and I can achieve my dreams!”
— Your Daddy (@ToyosiGodwin) November 7, 2020
2. Many students even doubt the sincerity of ASUU.
— THE ORACLE (@aremu_iroayo) November 9, 2020
3. If students had started businesses since March, maybe, just maybe, they would have earned their first millions now. Lol
Whether ASUU resumes or not, i’ve moved on with my Life.
I now sell Onions, we deliver nationwide. Spread the word 🙏🏼
— D1 DYNASTY 👑 (@d1dynasty_) November 7, 2020
4. Seems marriage is the next priority after school. That is if ASUU allows you to do that.
FG and ASUU please settle yourselves 🙏..Biko I wanto finish school and marry na 😒😏
— His Señorita ❤ (@__maryamaa___) November 8, 2020
5. It’s only in Nigeria that a four-year programme turns into seven years.
— Gideon Oladayo (@GideonOladayo) November 9, 2020
6. We can’t even count the number of meetings ASUU had with the Federal Government. When will the meetings yield positive results?
I hear say ASUU still get meeting with FG today, even witches no do meeting reach these two… Wetin happen!! IPPIS wan make kasala to box pic.twitter.com/7In4n5YeMB
— Baller G🔌💧 (@spunkynigga) November 9, 2020
7. Even a baby born since the ASUU strike would have started crawling. Lol. That’s an exaggeration though. But there’s a fundamental problem with Nigeria’s educational system.
November – 23 – 2020 will make it 9 months that ASUU is on strike .
that’s enough time to get a girl pregnant and for her to give birth to a bouncing baby boy .
— ★★††🧜🧜 (@jeyleekrane) November 9, 2020
8. This is the most hilarious tweet about ASUU strike.
ASUU and FG: pic.twitter.com/ch9lX69I5i
— Olu_kreb #MadeInLagos🇳🇬 (@OluKreb) November 9, 2020
9. This tweet compared ASUU with little devils that add fuel to fire. ASUU strike is definitely compounding the list of problems in Nigeria.
Don’t let us be deceived, if Nigeria is Hell fire & the government is Satan, then ASUU is those small demons causing havoc while everyone else says “it’s the devil’s handwork” https://t.co/RNsJvQT3YO
— Arewa Kogite #EndPoliceBrutalityInNigeria (@swaaguu_baba_) November 7, 2020
10. Some students have even forgotten their matric numbers not to talk about what they learnt in the previous semester.
— Im_incredibu (@IIncredibu) November 9, 2020
11. Seriously, ASUU strike demands 30 days prayer and fasting.
OAU student pastors discussing ASUU decision be like 👇 pic.twitter.com/dpcQ3dKbvi
— Black Zinari (@microbialawyer) November 7, 2020
12. When you’re planning your life as a young Nigerian, always consider the ASUU factor.
— yungman💯 (@Olumuyiwaoluw16) November 9, 2020
13. The ASUU strike has made students forget how to spell common words. How will you sit for exams when schools resume?
See what ASUU has caused😂😂😂 pic.twitter.com/lqq7YoAodX
— Factz⚪ (@ohsarrz) November 10, 2020
14. Since ASUU has refused to call off the strike. If your ID card expires in 2020, does that mean you’ve been expelled from school?
— Abdoolhafeez (@Abdoolhafeez8) November 7, 2020
15. Even the lecturers’ wives are feeling the heat. No money, no pampering.
— £lijah Augustine (@ElijahAugusti16) November 9, 2020
16. It seems funny though but where two elephants fight, the grass suffers.
Did FG and ASUU Care about the Current Issues students are facing staying at Home. It looks heaver than the Picture speaks 😩 pic.twitter.com/3C1UQnlr5j
— Yola Twittèr Connect (@Yola_Twitta) November 9, 2020
17. Coronavirus lockdown already took away one semester from the academic calendar. ASUU should even consider that fact.
I for don Deh 300lvl now😩😪
— Anjohnu_01 (@Anjohnu_01) November 7, 2020
18. This tweet shows that the ASUU strike even lasted longer than most relationships and marriages.
ASUU strike has lasted more than 80% of people’s relationships, in the next two months it will be longer than 20% of marriages.
Cc: scientific facts.
— KANNY🀄 (@o_kanyy) November 9, 2020
19. If the ASUU strike enters 2021, Nigerian students should just start businesses. Thank God, onions is the new gold. Just take a trip to Kano and boom! You’ll become the latest millionaire.
ASUU wants FG to close down school for 3-5Years for improvement. Omo, Wahala for undergraduate wey no fit sell onions o. 😂💔 pic.twitter.com/0WmC45fVdg
— Anonymous (@_Anondeyforyou) November 7, 2020
20. This tweet suggests that both ASUU and FG are just catching cruise with the strike. Because we see no reason why the strike shouldn’t have ended after a series of meetings.
— Gbenga Thomas (@GbengaThomas7) November 9, 2020
21. It is quite painful that some students won’t qualify for NYSC because they would have become grandpas and grandmas when school resumes.
Now some people age go pass 30yrs & them no go fit chop 33k from NYSC bcuz of ASUU pic.twitter.com/kVHevvwTf9
— Stay strong naija (@the__orator) November 7, 2020