Manchester United agreed a 41-million-euros fee with Italian Serie A club, Atalanta for the signing of highly-rated winger, Amad Traore (who has now changed his name to Amad Diallo) on transfer deadline day on Monday.
The player due to United not being able to get his work permit done due to limited time, will stay at Atalanta until January before making his move to England.
Traore’s signing has raised questions and eyebrows amongst United fans as to why the club will spend so much on such a young player who isn’t even proven on the big stage yet.
Well, according to reports in Italy, Diallo is one of the most highly-rated prospect in Italy and has been predicted to have a great future.
We have decided bring you an insight on the talented Ivorian.
1. Traore is an Ivorian footballer born in Ivory Coast in 2002 but he moved to Italy at a very young age.
2. The Atalanta youngster is also likened to Barcelona’s Lionel Messi as he is a left-footer who plays on the wing and likes to cut inside like the Argentine magician.
3. He is the most-highly rated football youngster in the Atalanta youth system and one of the best in Italy.
4. Following the agreement of his transfer to Manchester United, he changed his name from Amad Traore to Amad Diallo.
5. He made his debut for Atalanta against Udinese at the age of 19, scoring a Messi-esque goal.
6. Traore can also play as a number 10 even though his most preferred role is on the right-wing.
7. He is a player with pace, skill and fantastic dribbling ability and he uses both feet as well even though he makes use of his left leg mostly.