Just when you think you have seen it all or known it all, some really mad surprise just crop out to lift you off your feet of balance and as much as we are made to believe that all things are wonderfully and beautifully created, these species just prove us right.
1. Japanese Weasel: A special breed native to the Japanese Islands of Honshu, Kyushu and Shikoku has its fur coat turn white during winter, which allows it to camouflage. It feeds off small rodents.
2. Penis Snake: This is quite very ugly but it does exist. It is largely an aquatic specie specifially a caecilian amphibian with a broad, flat head and a fleshy dorsal fin on the body.
3. Malayan Flying Lemur: This is found in Southeast Asia. Though called flying lemur, it does not actually fly but a mover through between treetops and could glide up to 230 feet.
4. Quokka: This animal is largely found in Western Australia. The Quokka specie has been described as the ‘happiest animal in the world’ for its cheerful nature. But sadly, it is presently vulnerable to extinction due to habitat loss and human intervention.
5. Elephant Shrew: It is regarded as one of the fastest of all small animals having records of running at speeds of almost 18 miles per hour. It is found in Southern African countries. it got its name from its long, trunk-like nose.
6. Tarsier: Found in Philipines, this animal specie is lovably peaceful and quiet. However, it has suicidal tendencies when under extreme stress and discomfort.