Manchester United signed an 18-year-old Uruguayan footballer, Facundo Pellistri on Monday transfer deadline day who plays his football in the Uruguayan Primera division.
His signing has excited United fans all over the world as he is being compared to Barcelona’s Lionel Messi.
The wonderkid is one of the most talked-about topics in the world and now we have decided to give you details about the tricky winger.
Things you need to know about Man Utd new signing, Pellistri.
1. He is an 18-year-old footballer who can play on the right and left wing of the forward line.
2. He is a winger whose qualities are explosive pace, sublime dribbling, defence-splitting through pass and thrilling close-control.
3. He played for Penarol in Uruguay before getting snapped up by the Red Devils.
4. The youngster was born in Montevideo, Uruguay.
5. He is regarded as one of the most promising footballers in Uruguayan football.
6. Manchester United paid a huge some of 10 million euros for him despite being an unproven footballer in Europe (this shows how much he is rated).
7. Real Madrid, Atletico Madrid, Manchester City, Lyon and Boca Juniors were all interested in his signature but United won the race to sign him on deadline day.
8. He was given is debut by former Man Utd striker, Diego Forlan at Penarol at the age of 17.
9. He satrted his football career at La Picada and River Plate Montevideo before moving to Penarol.
10. The player has a striking resemblance with Messi in terms of starture and just like the Argentine footballer, he is capable of holding of challenges from even bigger challengers when the ball is at his feet.
Though some United fans are still not convinced about the signing as they are unsure if he would be able to provide what Jadon Sancho would have, but many believe he is a decent alternative to the Borussia Dortmund and would hit the ground running if properly looked-after by the club.