Food blogger, Tieghan Gerard has taken to her social media page, where she shared the recipe for making “Pesto Chicken, Corn,& Avocado Bacon Pasta Salad”. However, they do demand a bit of dedication to be done right.
“This Pesto Chicken, Corn, and Avocado Bacon Pasta Salad is the perfect quick fix salad.” – Tieghan Gerard.
View this post on Instagram
* 1 pound boneless skinless chicken
* 1/2 cup, plus 2 tablespoons basil pesto
* 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
* juice of 1 lemon
* 1/4 cup tahini or avocado oil mayo
* 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
* 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
* 1/3 cup grated parmesan
* 1 pound short-cut pasta
* 1 cup cubed cheddar (or parmesan)
* 2 cups croutons
* 3 cups shredded romaine lettuce
* 4 ears grilled or steamed corn
* 6 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
* 1 avocado, diced
1. In a bowl, combine the chicken, 1/2 cup pesto, red pepper flakes, and a large pinch of salt. Set your grill, grill pan, or skillet to medium-high heat. Grill the chicken until lightly charred and cooked through, turning halfway through cooking, about 10 to 12 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, make the dressing. In a large salad bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, tahini or mayo, dijon, Worcestershire, parmesan, and a pinch each of red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper.
3. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Boil the pasta to al dente, according to package directions. Drain. Add the hot pasta, cheddar, and 2 tablespoons pesto and toss vigorously to combine. Add the chicken, croutons, lettuce, corn, and bacon, tossing to combine.
4. Top the pasta with avocado. Season with freshly cracked pepper and salt. Serve warm or cold.
This Recipe Belongs To Tieghan Gerard