“Arugula Tomato Cheese Pizza. making Monday night pizza a summer thing when the garden is full of fresh arugula and herbs. took inspiration from a pizza we ate in Mexico and reinvented it at home with a quick roasted cherry tomato sauce, basil pesto, a blend of cheeses (yummm) and crispy prosciutto, finished it with so much parmesan tossed arugula. simple, but it’s one of those pizza you’ll make again and again” – Tieghan Gerard
- 3 cups cherry tomatoes
- 4 cloves garlic, smashed
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano
- red pepper flakes
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 pound pizza dough, homemade or store-bought
- 1/4 cup basil pesto
- 2 cups shredded Italian cheese
- 2-3 ounces prosciutto
- 3 cups baby arugula
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
1. In a large skillet set over medium heat, toss together the olive oil, tomatoes, garlic, thyme, oregano, chili flakes, salt, and pepper. Cook until the tomatoes begin to pop, about 4-5 minutes. Remove from the heat and smash the tomatoes down with a fork.
2. Position the oven rack in the upper 1/3 portion of your oven. Preheat the oven to 500° F. for at least 30 minutes before baking, preferably 1-2 hours ahead. If you have a baking stone, start preheating it.
3. On a lightly floured surface, push/roll the pizza dough out until it is pretty thin (about a 12-14 inch circle). Place the pizza dough on a lightly oiled sheet pan. Spread the tomatoes and pesto over the dough. Sprinkle on the shredded cheese and add the prosciutto.
4. Slide into the preheated oven and bake for 10 minutes, rotate the pizza, and bake another 3-5 minutes or until the crust is golden and the cheese has melted. Meanwhile, toss together the arugula, olive oil, parmesan, salt, and pepper. Top the pizza with arugula and basil.
This Recipe Belongs To Tieghan Gerard