“Chilled Italian Shrimp Tortellini Pasta Salad is the perfect meal for dining al fresco! It’s loaded with shrimp and so flavorful, you’ll want to have this all summer long.” – Julie Resnick
- 8 1/2 oz Delallo Ricotta Spinach tortellini
- 2 lbs jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 small red onion, sliced thin
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 1 oz capers
- 1/4 cup sliced black olives
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh basil, chopped
For the dressing:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- Juice of 1 fresh lemon
- 3/4 tsp kosher salt
- fresh black pepper, to taste
In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook tortellini according to package directions. Using a large mesh spoon, transfer the pasta to a colander and rinse under cold water.
Return water to a boil and add the shrimp, poach for 2 to 3 minutes, until they are just pink, rinse under cold water to stop them from cooking, drain and cut into large pieces.
In a small bowl whisk together the dressing ingredients.
In a large bowl, mix the onion, celery, capers, and olives and pour the dressing over; mix well.
Add the shrimp, tortellini, and remaining ingredients. Adjust salt and pepper to taste and chill before serving.
This Recipe Belongs To Julie Resnick.