Yoruba is one of the richest cultures in Nigeria and the language is counted among the unique ones. In Yoruba land, there are different kings associated with different states and communities. Here is the list of the 10 most powerful traditional rulers in Yoruba land.
1. Ooni Of Ife: Oba Enitan Adeyeye Ogunwusi, fondly called Ojaja II. He is one of the youngest kings in Yorubaland. It was gathered from history that Oduduwa who is the father of Yoruba stepped into Ile Ife first, which makes the town so rich in history and power.
2. Alafin Of Oyo: Oba Lamidi Olayiwola Adeyemi III. The 82-year-old king has been on the throne for 51 years and he is still ruling his people in good health.
3. Oba Of Benin: King Eheneden Erediauwa Ewuare II, accessed the throne on 20 October 2016 and he is still the king till date.
4. Alake Of Egbaland: Oba Adedotun Aremu Gbadebo III is the paramount king of the whole Egbaland, which is also in Abeokuta, Ogu state. He has been on the throne from 2005 till present.
5. Awujale Of Ijebuland: Sikiru Kayode Adetona, the Awujale is one of the longest reigingings in Nigeria, he has been ruling since 1960 till date.
6. Olubadan Of Ibadan: Oba Saliu Adetunji, became king on the 4th of March 2016 and he is still the current ruler of Ibadan land.
7. Oba Of Modakeke: Oba Moses Oladejo Oyediran was installed on August 4 2018 after the passing away of the previous king. He has been on the throne since 2018 till date.
8. Osemawe Of Ondo: Oba Adesimbo Victor Kiladejo has been the monarch of the Ondo kingdom since December 2006 till now, ruling in his supreme majesty.
9. Deji Of Akure: Oba Aladetoyinbo Ogunlade Aladelusi, Odundun II, he is the king of Akure, Ondo state and he has been on the throne since 2015 till date.
10. Owa Ibokun Of Ijesaland: Oba (Dr.) Gabriel Adekunle Aromolaran is the paramount ruler of ijeshaland, he ascended the throne since 1982 and he has been ruling till now.
Using this as an opportunity to welcome back travelers, it has been gathered that the Keny…