- Niger, Zamfara hold talks, troops locate students, workers in Forest
Niger State Government on Thursday stepped up efforts to rescue students and workers of Government Science College, Kagara who were abducted on Wednesday.
- Fani-Kayode Visits Igboho, canvasses Nigerians Be Permitted to carry guns
A former Minister of Aviation, Chief Femi Fani-Kayode, has said Nigerians should be licensed to carry sophisticated arms like AK-47 if Fulani herdsmen are permitted to secure themselves with the same type of weapon.
- Worker falls from eight story building, estate tackles lekki Gardens
A construction worker, Steven Magilo, met untimely death after falling off the eighth floor of a building under construction and owned by Lekki Gardens, a property company in Lagos.
- Experts rate economy as weak despite exit from recession
Nigeria exited recession after the country’s Gross Domestic Product recorded a slight growth of 0.11 per cent in the fourth quarter of 2020, the latest figures from the National Bureau of Statistics revealed on Thursday.
- Experts fault NAFDAC on emergency approval for Oxford, AstraZeneca Vaccine
Medical experts have disagreed on the most appropriate COVID-19 vaccine for the country as the National Agency for Food, Drug Administration and Control (NAFDAC), yesterday, gave emergency use authorisation (EUA) for Oxford/AstraZeneca vaccine.
- Nigeria Exits recession amid very weak growth
Defying projections and leveraging opportunities presented by the coronavirus pandemic through technology and remote work, Nigeria’s resilient private sector helped the economy to exit recession in the fourth quarter with a growth of 0.11 per cent.
- Security concerns hit feverish point
Concerns over insecurity in the country reached a feverish point yesterday as bandits launched another attack in Niger State.
- Why Buhari Must sack defense minister now, by PDP
Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) has demanded sacking of Minister of Defence, Major General Bashir Magashi (rtd), for asking unarmed Nigerians to defend themselves against armed aggression by bandits and terrorists.
- Insurgency may persist for 20 years, Buratai warns
Insurgency may continue in the country for another 20 years, Lt.-Gen. Tukur Buratai (rtd) said on Thursday.
- How we escaped Kagara kidnap, by pupils, others
Some pupils and members of staff of Government Science College, Kagara, Niger State, who escaped the kidnap, have recalled how they made it.
- Q4 GDP growth takes economy out of recession
Nigeria’s Gross Domestic Product (GDP) grew by 0.11 per cent (year-on-year) in real terms in the fourth quarter of 2020, pushing the economy out of recession, data from National Bureau of Statistics (NBS) released on Thursday showed.
- Relief coming for victims of herders-farmers conflicts
State governments will compensate people who have lost their sources of livelihood as a result of the farmers/herders crises, the National Economic Council (NEC) said on Thursday.
- Local Security Initiatives should include Non-Indigenous/Minority Residents
The National Economic Council (NEC) has resolved that states should incorporate non-indigenous/minority residents into local security initiatives to ensure adequate representation.
- Ex Customs Boss, Dikko, Dies At 61
The former comptroller General of Nigeria Customs, Abdullahi Dikko Inde is dead. He died in a hospital in Abuja after a protracted illness.
- Nigeria exits recession
As predicted by the central bank and Ministry of Finance, Budget and National Planning, Nigeria’s economy exited recession in the fourth quarter of 2020 as growth in agriculture and telecommunications offset drop in oil production.
- 300 special mobile force members arrive in Niger
Against the backdrop of the recent attack and abduction of students of the Government Science College, Kagara in Rafi Local Government Area of Niger State, the state police command has received no fewer than additional 300 special mobile force men to reinforce security for the rescue of the kidnap victims in the state.
St Ian John was a key player in the great Liverpool team which was assembled in the 1960s …