In case you have not heard but need to do extensive research as the Michael Faraday that you are, the Nigerian polity is heating up and heating so fast that in the past few days, demands for better governance is sounding much clearer than ever before.
Some youths are even saying let’s get our political movement. So, at the moment, we have come up with a compiled list of ex-BBN housemates who may prove more competent than our dear president currently in power. The list is, however, not exhaustive.
1. Laycon: Olamilekan Agbeleshe is one promising Big Brother Naija ex-housemate whose educational qualifications, intelligence, as well as empathy as displayed on the show, can set him on a better pedestal than Buhari in a political position. At least, in just a few weeks of his appointment as a youth ambassador of the Ogun state government, he has been active in the #EndSARS movement, lending his voice via his various social media accounts and even helped in securing the release of some arrested protesters. That what leaders do.
2. Mike: Mike Edwards surely showed good leadership traits while in the house in Season 4 of the reality show. He displayed virtues of accountability and responsibility and these are qualities that aide good leadership. Coupled with the fact that he heads a successful company in the United Kingdom. Mike could surely make a good leader.
3. Ozo: This ex-housemate was Head of House on two occasions. While head of the house, there was coordination and surely, his background, gave him that training to stay poised and gentle, looking for solutions in times of chaos.
4. Prince: Prince was loved. A lovely leader is one who people will listen to. He is someone ready to tell you to confront you when you are wrong irrespective of the relationship he has with you. A good leader does not kiss ass.
5. Seyi: Well well, what can we say. This is the grandchild of a renowned nationalist, Obafemi Awolowo, who fought for our freedom and died for good governance still. Seyi could have the blood of his grandfather. While on the reality show, this ex-housemate showed good leadership traits.
6. Mercy: Mercy has a way of getting through to people. If your followership listens to you, then it is a smooth ride to cooperation, to getting things done the right way.