Big Brother Nigeria recorded 900 million votes in its recent edition of the reality TV show. While Nigeria has 195.9 million population and more than half of its people are under 30 years of age.
If a former BBNaija housemate was to contest in an election against President Muhammadu Buhari, it won’t be surprising to see the housemate win.
Most former housemates have gained a certain level of popularity and influence in addition to being able to use social media to harness credibility.
Here’s a list of former BBNaija housemates who would win an election against Buhari.
1. Ebuka: He’s the most influential housemate ever produced by the reality show. He has been hosting Big Brother Naija since its return in 2017 and has 1.6 million followers on Twitter. On Instagram, Ebuka has 2.6million followers.
2. Laycon: Many followers can relate with the winner of BBNaija 2020 because he rose to fame. He has gained more followers in youths who are also working hard to promote their hustles.
3. Mike: The BBNaija season 4 second runner-up is a trendsetter. Despite having a brand before the show, he has become more famous as he now has 1,419,509 followers on Instagram.
4. Tacha: Despite being disqualified from the show, Tacha has a cult-like following on social media. On Instagram alone, Tacha has 1,472,127 million followers.
5. Tobi Bakre: He’s an actor and one of the popular brand influencers in Nigeria. Tobi is a big shot on Instagram with 1,939,776 followers.